Thursday, September 11, 2008

Rushing Slacker

Helloooo....

I just realized I am a slacker. Well not just realized, I've always been a slacker and I have pretty much always known I was a slacker. Like when one of my best friends had a baby and I never made it by to see her even though I kept telling her I would. Or when I could have been a straight A student but chose to slide through my education with a couple of B's because, well because I hate homework. Yes, I am a slacker. I bring this up because this last week I have been checking on my blogging buddies and thinking gosh you guys need to post something new! Then I looked at my blog this morning and realized, OH! OOPS! So do I. I realized I said I would post a music post every Friday. Um Yeah! OOPS! I kinda dropped the ball there huh? I did not even realize Friday had come and gone. I am not going to promise you it will never happen again, because I am a realistic slacker, I KNOW it will not only happen again but again and again and again....you get the point. So sorry for my slackerness.

On a different note, I watched a really good movie last night. Dub's Heaver sent it home with me. She knows I am a slacker and is trying to catch me up on all the good movies I have missed out on. She sends a couple to me every week. Last night she rented August Rush. It's been out for a while and I have wanted to see it but well, I am a slacker. So she sent me home with it. I dropped the AC down to 68, put on my PJs, snuggled up in my recliner with my quilt and hot chocolate (pretending I actually live somewhere that PJs, quilts and hot chocolate are needed) and had myself a little chick flick night. I LOVED this movie. If you have not seen it, go now! Go rent it! It will not disappoint, except I wish they would have done more at the end. I won't go any further than to say that, because I don't want to spoil it for those who have not seen it *cough slackers! cough* Oh, I will say this, make sure you buy Kleenex while you are out renting August Rush. You will need them. This movie contained no bad language, nudity, sex or violence which scores HUGE for me. Want to know what also scores HUGE for me? One very attractive Irish man by the name of Jonathan Rhys Meyers. To listen to him talk and sing, makes me giddy like a school girl. And a not too hard on the eyes Australian, Alex O'Loughlin. Oh, and Keri Russell, I like her.


1 comment:

Jeff and Holly said...

I haven't seen that movie yet. I will have to make a mental note to look for it. Man I wish I had some of that chocolate to snack on right now!